Here are some other Do’s & Don’ts for water heater safety.
- Set hot water heater temperature below 120° F.
- Flush hot water heater through drain valve at least once a year to remove sediment build-up.
- Test safety relief valve once a year to ensure proper operation (this device protects the heater from over-pressurizing and from exceeding 210° F.)
- Keep area around hot water heater, clean and free of combustible and flammable material.
- When leaving for vacation, set hot water heater temperature at its lowest setting. This will save money and reduce the risk of any problems while you are away.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for recommended maintenance schedule.
- Set hot water heater temperature above 120° F.
- Keep combustible material or flammable material or flammable material within 18″ of the hot water heater.
- Never leave children unattended around a hot water heater.
At Brooks Plumbing Repair we repair, replace and install all water heaters.
Serving the north-shore area.